Volt Workforce Solutions Global Buyer in Apex, North Carolina
Global Buyer in Apex, NC at Volt
Date Posted: 10/30/2018
Employee Type: Contingent
Location: Apex, NC
Job Type: Accounting
Duration: 36 weeks
Date Posted: 10/30/2018
Job ID: 115793
Pay Rate $21.0 - $24.0/Hour
Contact Name Volt Branch
The Buyer will plan and procure materials to support distribution and pack requirements and ensure quality, on time delivery and continuity of supply of materials while managing cost of materials to support the distribution center; including but not limited to tools, components, & packaging.
Duties and Responsibilities
1. Procure goods and services as required through approved sources of supply assuring that the criteria of competitive pricing, on-time delivery, technical specifications compliance, implementing blanket and/or long term agreements, adherence to purchasing policies and procedures, and meeting customer requirements are met.
2. Manage, monitor and evaluate supplier base to comply with SQDCI objectives in the distribution center.
3. Assist in establishing and maintaining cost reduction and method improvement programs with reporting and documentation to purchasing management.
4. Maintain an assertive follow-up system to ensure schedule compliance.
5. Maintain market awareness as applies to changes in prices, trends in supply and demand and report information to purchasing management.
6. Maintain a professional relationship with suppliers.
7. Develop supplier relations to enable internal team to be aware of supplier capacity and future capabilities.
8. Interface with DC and Pack management and supervision, Planning, Quality, Finance, Traffic and Purchasing Management to achieve the smooth flow of goods and services to internal team in order to maintain commitments to customers.
9. Assist operations and customer service in the attainment of customer service goals.
10. Work closely with the product planners (DRP) to ensure appropriate inventory levels.
11. Run exception messages, identify supply gaps, expedite supply where needed, review and make updates as needed to establish priorities based on current demand and forecast information.
12. Assist with developing inventory targets and manage in-coming plant receipts to achieve targeted inventory levels on both a cost and unit basis.
13. Track Past Due Intercompany and 3rd Party Supplier Purchase Orders and drive to reducepast due supply.
14. Track Supplier On Time Delivery (OTD) and develop counter measures to hit supplier OTD targets
15. Track and report on-hand inventory levels for assigned Brands/products. Identify whereplanning parameters are not driving targeted inventory levels. Make improvement recommendations for planning/purchasing parameters as needed.
Reports directly to the Materials Supervisor
Interacts with Staff Managers, Sourcing Team, Floor Supervisors and Team Leads
Frequent interaction with suppliers and other external resources.
Ability to work and effectively communicate in a team environment, especially within the Asia region.
Firmly believes in and supports lean manufacturing.
Excellent analytical and problem solving skills.
Be successful in a stressful environment
Resolve conflict in a healthy manner
Be a change agent
Quality of work
Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience
4-7 years purchasing/planning experience
Vendor management experience
Understanding of SAP purchasing functionality, MRP, is required
International purchasing experience is required
Must have advanced skills in Excel and other Microsoft Office suites
Excellent communications skills
Good materials management principles and practices (APICS a plus)
In order to promote this harmony in the workplace and to obey the laws related to employment, Volt maintains a strong commitment to equal employment opportunity without unlawful regard to race, color, national origin, citizenship status, ancestry, religion (including religious dress and grooming practices), creed, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding and related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, marital or parental status, age, mental or physical disability, medical condition, genetic information, military or veteran status or any other category protected by applicable law.