Volt Workforce Solutions Project Accounting Support-Procurement in Carpinteria, California
Project Accounting Support-Procurement in Carpinteria, CA at Volt
Date Posted: 1/3/2019
Employee Type: Contingent
Location: Carpinteria, CA
Job Type: Accounting
Duration: 48 weeks
Date Posted: 1/3/2019
Job ID: 155606
Contact Name Volt Branch
New Opportunity- Project Accounting Support for Procurement
The project accounting support role has the unique responsibility to support Project Managers in the Companion Diagnostic division with the following tasks.
1. Kit Management
1. Prepare purchase orders using ARIBA for kit requests and coordinate with Shipping to ensure accurate documentation and selection of inventory using FIFO.
2. Maintain Inventory Spreadsheet using Excel.
3. Track shipment and communicate to appropriate parties as necessary.
4. Prepare Kit Invoices.
5. Maintain Kit Forecasting spreadsheet.
2. Support invoicing process through preparation of invoice requests, review, tracking and communicating with customer service to achieve revenue targets and cash flow expectations.
3. Manage assay production forecasts for clinical trials and/or internal development activities.
4. Work with Project Managers to ensure 100% of eligible pass through revenue is billed:
1. Preparation of spreadsheets to identify billable items.
2. Classification of these items.
3. Research items for correct classification if necessary
5. Work with Project Managers on financial reporting including:
1. Creating and managing resource forecast plans
2. Forecast and track estimated project revenues, costs and milestones, communicating variances to relevant stakeholders
3. Generating forecast and actual reports on project spend for external communication.
4. Reconciliation of actual costs (labor and direct costs) with forecast via monthly reports.
Our company inspires and supports discoveries that advance the quality of life. We provide life science, diagnostic and applied market laboratories worldwide with instruments, services, consumables, applications and expertise. Our company enables customers to gain the answers and insights they seek ---- so they can do what they do best: improve the world around us.
Minimum of Associates Degree in Accounting
2-5 years Project Management experience
2-5 years experience working within a purchasing/inventory environment preferred
Strong communication skills both written and verbal
Able to work independently and take initiative
Proficient in Excel to intermediate level
Project Management experience a plus
Volt is an Equal Opportunity Employer
In order to promote this harmony in the workplace and to obey the laws related to employment, Volt maintains a strong commitment to equal employment opportunity without unlawful regard to race, color, national origin, citizenship status, ancestry, religion (including religious dress and grooming practices), creed, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding and related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, marital or parental status, age, mental or physical disability, medical condition, genetic information, military or veteran status or any other category protected by applicable law.