Volt Workforce Solutions Material handler II in Goleta, California
Material handler II in Goleta, CA at Volt
Date Posted: 1/19/2019
Employee Type: Contingent
Location: Goleta, CA
Job Type: Industrial
Duration: 24 weeks
Date Posted: 1/19/2019
Job ID: 154501
Pay Rate $17.0 - $20.0/Hour
Contact Name Volt Branch
Material Handler II
As one of the world’s leading analytical instrumentation companies, our client covers a broad spectrum of advanced solutions in all fields of research and development. All our systems and instruments are designed to improve safety of products, accelerate time-to-market and support industries in successfully enhancing quality of life. We’ve been driving innovation in analytical instrumentation for 50 years now. Today, worldwide more than 6,000 employees are working on this permanent challenge, at over 70 locations on all continents.
* Ability to review, and pack orders for shipment, including boxes, pallets and crates*
* Able to operate packing equipment Mini Pak’r, Sealed Air Molding Wheel, banding equipment.*
* Ability to operate forklift, dolly/pallet jack to load and unload material*
* Working Knowledge and ability to use Windows operating system and Microsoft based programs, i.e. Excel, Word, Outlook.*
* Ability to process orders for shipment in standard courier system software e. Fedex, UPS*
* Ability to monitor, and order shipping supplies*
* Essential cross functional team work skill, to be able to communicate regularly with Logistics team, and other departments requiring shipping assistance.*
* Excellent clerical, data entry skills to maintain integrity of inventory accuracy in database, file records and perform routine audits.*
* Excellent verbal and written communication skills*
* Time management skills with the ability to work effectively in a fast paced environment .*
* Working knowledge of manufacturing and inventory control methodologies*
* Follows established departmental policies, procedures, and objectives, continuous quality improvement objectives, and safety, environmental standards.*
* Performs miscellaneous job-related duties as assigned.*
* Must be able to work standing, sitting and walking for the majority of a scheduled shift.*
* Must be able to push cart holding up to 50 lbs. occasionally.*
* May be asked to lift up to 50 lbs. occasionally.*
* Job requires frequent bending, stooping and kneeling.*
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES:
Experience with SAP Material Movement module is preferred. Knowledge of Export compliance regulations preferred. Has experience and understanding of warehouse operations, and is capable of applying knowledge and skills to complete a wide range of tasks. Management may assign tasks requiring judgment in resolving issues or in making recommendations. Ability to follow daily standard work instructions, with minimal supervision, and general instructions on newly introduced assignments.
* Minimum of 1 year related Shipping/Receiving warehouse experience required.*
* Experience in fast pace technical manufacturing environment required.*
Our client offers a comprehensive and competitive benefits package including medical, dental, 401(k), paid vacation, holidays, and tuition assistance (as applicable).
The client is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, veteran status, and other protected characteristics.
Certain positions require compliance with export control laws and as a result, all interviewed candidates for all positions will be screened pre-interview to determine their eligibility in light of export control restrictions.
In order to promote this harmony in the workplace and to obey the laws related to employment, Volt maintains a strong commitment to equal employment opportunity without unlawful regard to race, color, national origin, citizenship status, ancestry, religion (including religious dress and grooming practices), creed, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding and related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, marital or parental status, age, mental or physical disability, medical condition, genetic information, military or veteran status or any other category protected by applicable law.