Volt Workforce Solutions Bookkeeper in Katy, Texas
Bookkeeper in Katy, TX at Volt
Date Posted: 12/29/2018
Employee Type: Direct Hire
Location: Katy, TX
Job Type: Accounting
Date Posted: 12/29/2018
Job ID: 123314
Pay Rate $39520.0 - $47840.0/Year
Contact Name Volt Branch
1. This document outlines the job responsibilities and performance expectations of a Bookkeeper.
1. DESCRIPTION OF JOB
1. Keeps books and accounting records of financial transactions for establishment.
2. Reconciles and balances accounts.
3. Verifies, allocates, and posts details of business transactions to subsidiary accounts in journals and computer files.
4. Ensures the accuracy of the accounting information that is reported to management.
5. Summarizes details in separate ledgers or computer files and transfers data to general ledger.
1. REQUIREMENTS FOR POSITION
1. Prefer Associates degree or better in Accounting or some business function.
2. Must be familiar with fundamental accounting principles and theories and their application.
3. Must be very detail oriented and accurate in your work.
4. Must have 3 to 5 years of experience working in a manufacturing setting in an accounting office.
5. Must have a working knowledge of an ERP system along with advanced skills in other office applications.
6. Must have a high level of computer literacy. Microsoft excel proficiency is a must.
1. JOB DUTIES
1. Must review month end production detailed reports to identify discrepancies, reconcile inventory and process cost adjustments to accurately reflect inventory.
2. Adhere to strict timelines for inventory costing to prepare summary sheets of differences and other cost statements.
3. Prepare accruals, debt roll forwards, applied labor and rental schedule.
4. Keep track of WIP inventory and supplies through roll forwards.
5. Must be able to balance accounts and other intercompany reconciliations.
6. Must prepare business unit bank reconciliation.
7. Must prepare group postings and review GL coding.
8. Assist in Audit and prepare necessary schedules.
9. Pull/Load/Prepare necessary reports for ERP system (EPICOR).
10. Must complete income statement and balance sheet analysis.
11. Responsible for business unit month end closing.
12. Keep track of month end reports.
13. Process journal entries for costing and other misc. items.
14. Any other duties as assigned by manager.
1. NEEDED PROFESSIONAL SKILLS
1. Must be very professional.
2. Must be self-motivating.
3. Able to work well with teams and independently as well.
4. Must communicate well both verbally and in writing.
2. NEEDED PERSONAL SKILLS
1. Must have a positive outlook.
2. Must expect to work long hours when closing books.
Volt is an equal opportunity employer.
In order to promote this harmony in the workplace and to obey the laws related to employment, Volt maintains a strong commitment to equal employment opportunity without unlawful regard to race, color, national origin, citizenship status, ancestry, religion (including religious dress and grooming practices), creed, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding and related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, marital or parental status, age, mental or physical disability, medical condition, genetic information, military or veteran status or any other category protected by applicable law.