Volt Workforce Solutions R&D Scientist - Intermediate in Santa Clara, California
R&D Scientist - Intermediate in Santa Clara, CA at Volt
Date Posted: 1/21/2019
Employee Type: Contingent
Location: Santa Clara, CA
Job Type: Scientific/Biotech
Duration: 24 weeks
Date Posted: 1/21/2019
Job ID: 154678
Contact Name Volt Branch
Key responsibilities include mammalian cell culture, characterizing synthetic and biological DNA and RNA samples and contributing to the development of tools for genome editing and engineering for life sciences research. The individual will be performing wet-lab work as directed by the project team and communicating results to team members orally and in writing.
1. Minimum B.S./B.A. in biology, biochemistry, molecular biology or equivalent with strong background in molecular biology.
2. Proficiency with mammalian cell culture and transfection techniques.
3. 2+ years of molecular biology lab experience
4. Proficiency in molecular biology techniques (especially nucleic acid purification and PCR)
5. Computer literacy in working with software to create and maintain graphs and spreadsheets.
6. Excellent time management and teamwork skills.
7. Excel at detail-oriented laboratory work and communication.
The following additional skills/experiences are highly desired:
1. Familiarity with Illumina sequencing platforms and experience with next-generation sequencing library preparation.
2. Experience working with adherent, suspension, immortalized, and primary cell lines.
3. Proficiency with quantitative PCR.
4. Experience with Agilent's Bioanalyzer and/or TapeStation.
5. Experience with fluorescence microscopy.
someone very experienced in molecular biology techniques so that they can hit the ground running quickly.
Volt is an Equal Opportunity Employer
In order to promote this harmony in the workplace and to obey the laws related to employment, Volt maintains a strong commitment to equal employment opportunity without unlawful regard to race, color, national origin, citizenship status, ancestry, religion (including religious dress and grooming practices), creed, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding and related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, marital or parental status, age, mental or physical disability, medical condition, genetic information, military or veteran status or any other category protected by applicable law.